Friday, March 25, 2011

UFO Complete

Some of my stash is comprised of UnFinished Objects (UFOs/UFO). I have many purses/bags, some toys, a quilt or two, and even some garments waiting to be completed.
So a couple of weeks ago I was digging around in my craft room and I opened up my serger bag and found a UFO stuffed in there. I think the original plan hatched with a friend maybe 6 or 7 years ago during our undergrad was to turn felted second hand wool sweater finds into something new. I think we were focused on purses or bags. My friend maybe did end up making a purse...I am not sure if she still has it as she moved to Vancouver after finishing her undergrad.

I remember being disappointed with my creation which is likely why I stuffed it away unfinished. But when I saw it again I decided to make something useful out it. It is now a pillow and I rather like it!

I did finish it in such away that I could still turn it into a bag if I wanted to.


The stuffing is recycled too. It's from a pillow that got all bungled up in the washing machine so I decided to take it apart and reuse the stuffing.




I think you can still see some of the sweater details in the pillow. Each square is flat felled serged together.


I'm happy with it for now...

2 comments:

  1. nice work, those look like pretty colors. i think your blog has now inspired me to do some stashbusting. i am finishing a ufo sweater that is atleast a year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the felted sweaters! I did make a purse! But I think it disappeared a few moves ago...

    ReplyDelete