Thursday, July 21, 2011

The bombs

I made these several months ago - I was and am still not happy with the photos but I wanted get back into my blog!

My 4 year old daughter requested I make her a rocket bomb. And below is what I came up with. It is made with wool yarn, of course, from my stash! She wanted something that looked like the rocket that Sid used on Buzz Lightyear in the first Toy Story.



While attending a craft night in my neighbourhood and discussing the rocket a friend suggested making a classic cartoon bomb (she also thought it would like sweet with an 'F' embroidered on). Below are the two versions my stash enabled me to create.


The classic cartoon bomb lead my hubby to suggest a stick of dynamit which in the photo I admit does not look all that much like dynamit but it still is fun to throw!



2 comments:

  1. Yes, it does!!! Dynamite looks GREAT!!!! ....And so does your traditional looking black cherry bombs!!!! Nice job!!! It's a good thing to get into! Crafting balances the brain chemistry!

    Keep up the good works of creation! You've got something to be proud of, and I would bet that you wouldn't believe that there is a market for that kind of stuff! If you were interested you could sell it on ebay, or even from a website, and make some money, leading to who knows,... possibly a cherry bomb and dynamite factory!!!! = $$$$$$$$$$$

    Good luck from one Mom to another! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I didn't even read your "About Me" section until after I had written and posted my comment! Right on the money!!! Which is an idea for your next project, maybe? Get it? A cartoon money bag!! You know the green bag with the black money sign printed on it, and finally with a rope of natural or black coloring tying it together. I know these things would sell! Even if it takes some waiting for the right persons to come along and kick start you into some $$$$$ making action! What greater satisfaction then making money off of something you created! ;-)

    ReplyDelete